Friday, July 20, 2018

Day 3: GAETI 2018

Conference Poster
Today started off great with a presentation by Mrs. Stephanie Agnew.  The presentation was on Conference Poster Design using MS Publisher.  I learned a lot from this presentation. There are many features to publisher that I didn't know about.  I use publisher to create documents for church, weddings and other events.  Learning the new information will help me to create more professional looking documents. I am so excited and eager about using the new skills and features that I learned today.  I enjoyed    creating and designing my Conference Poster.

Dr. Elizabeth Downey gave us some valuable information on how to identify fake news. This was an interesting topic.  I have been concerned about this very topic because there are always news articles that pop up on my phone that just seemed unreal.  Now, I am able to identify if the news is fake by using the tools that she gave us.  I will use this information in my ELA classroom. This will allow my students to be aware of fake news.

The presentation by Dr. Dee Dee Baldwin on Branching out: Starting a family tree with Ancestry.com was very interesting and informative.  It was amazing seeing and hearing the reaction of some of the participants when they were able to find family members.  One of the participants found out that her great grandmother had 17 children.  It was hilarious! Her reaction was priceless.

My art project is coming along nicely.  I finished drawing my design on my board.  I started painting the design in the colors that were on the original design.  My tiles have been dipped so they can be fired.  I am eager to complete my project because I'm ready to see the final product

Dr. Lee is doing an awesome job of teaching Web Design Basics. I have learned so much.  I will be using the information to design web pages for my personal use.

GAETI is EXCITING!

No comments:

Post a Comment